Following is the procedure to apply critical fixes updates
In QuickBooks, go to Help menu, then select Update QuickBooks.
Click Update now
Scroll down and make sure the Critical fixes option is selected.
Now click Get Updates
Once the update is complete, close the Update QuickBooks window and close the program.
Now Reboot your system. It is an important step to ensure proper installation of Critical Fixes.
Once the system gets restarted, open the program.
- Double-Check the critical fixes by going back to Help update QuickBooks> Update Now and ensuring that Critical fixes say New files installed.
- An alternative way to check the Critical Fixes (ULIP) have been applied successfully.
Navigate one of the following directories:-
- 64 bit Windows – C:\ Program Files (x86)\ Intuit\ QuickBooks YEAR\ Critical Fixes
- 32 bit Windows – C:\ Program Files\ Intuit\ QuickBooks YEAR\ Critical Fixes
You can also check by this procedure:-
- If you see .DLL (DLL) files in the Critical Fixes Folder, then it is applied successfully. You should not see force_apply_ulip.dat file
- In case you see force_apply_ulip.dat file, then the critical fixes did not applied successfully. Then you may need to repeat the steps to confirm that the patch applied successfully.