How to Send an E-Organizer in the Lacerte Tax Program
In this tutorial, we will learn about how to send an E-Organizer from Lacerte Tax Program. Here are the various steps to solve that above problem, So following step by step procedure are:-
The 2015 E-Organizer email service will not be available after October 31, 2016.After October 31, 2016 the E-Organizer option “Save to Disk” will also not available. If the Taxpayer has already entered their data in the E-Organizer, they can print the whole data and scan it, or print it directly as PDF (if they have a PDF Printer), and then file will be emailed to you. You can then enter the data manually. 1800-865-4183. If the Taxpayer has not already entered their data, you can print the paper organizer to PDF and e-mail it to the them on their particular email address. Then, when the Taxpayer has completed the input sheets, they will have to scan them back in and e-mail them back to you.
The current year Organizer needs to be accessed from the previous year Lacerte Tax program.
To Send an E-Organizer to a client:
- Firstly, Click on the Clients tab (to view the list of your clients).
2. Click on Tools Option.
3. Click on Organizer Option.
4. Select either the Complete E-Organizer or Partial E-Organizer Option from the left navigational panel.
- Select one of the following from the E-Organizer window:
o Email E-Organizer to send via email.
o Save E-Organizer to disk to save the E-Organizer to a removable media or any portable media or to your hard drive.
- Select one of the following from the Return E-Mail Address section:
o When clients are done, all E-Organizers will be returned to this address: Enter the address where E-Organizer should be sent back to you.
o Each E-Organizer will be returned to the clients preparer: The E-Organizer will have to returned to the preparers email address that has been assigned to work on this return.
- Click on Next Option.
8. Select the documents that you want to include or attach with the E-Organizer from the Document Options section.
- Select the strong and unique password format from the Password Options section:
o Select explain the password in the E-mail Letter ( to have Lacerte explain what the password is)
o Select communicate the password on your own (will not include strong password information in the E-mail Letter).
The passwords are as follows and cannot be changed anymore:
o US Address Clients – Taxpayer’s 5-digit zip code + Taxpayer’s last 4-digit social security number.
o Foreign Address Clients – Taxpayer’s first 5 letters of the city name + Taxpayer’s last 4-digit social security number. If the city name is less than five letters, enter the entire city name. The taxpayer’s city name is always case-sensitive.
- Click on Next Option. (If you selected Complete E-Organizer in Step 4,skip to Step 12)Partial E-Organizer – You will now see the E-Organizer Pages section where you can select the all forms you want to include in the E-Organizer.
To select a page:
- Double click on the page. (If the page has a green check mark in the box, then that page will be included in the E-Organizer. If the page has a red cross in the box, that means the page will not be included or attached in the E-Organizer.)
- Click on Next Option.
c. Highlight all the clients under the Available Clients section. (To highlight multiple clients, press down the Ctrl key and select all the applicable clients.)
d. Click on Add Option. (This will move or transfer the highlighted clients from the Available Clients section to the Selected Clients section.)
Note– To remove a client, select the client from the Selected Clients list and click on the Remove button.
Click Send to send the E-Organizer to the client(s).
The E-Organizer Transmission Summary will appear showing result status of each E-Organizer selected. If the item is shown in RED the e-organizer was not successfully sent.
Source: Quickbooks Support Phone Number
Your client will receive an email from Tax Organizer Administrator The email will contain a link to download their E-Organizer. If they did not receive the E-Organizer email, have them check their junk mail folders. You can provide your clients the following article with instructions on how to open the E-Organizer, HOW21652 – Opening an E-Organizer Sent from a Tax Preparer.