How do I Install ProSeries Tax Software to a Network
The ProSeries Tax software supports two types of network installation
1 .The Peer-To-Peer network installation
2. The Client-Server network installation.
Peer-To-Peer network installation is used when one computer in the office will act as both a User workstation and will store the shared ProSeries files locally. Client-Server network installation is used when a Server or separate computer will serve only as file storage (ProSeries Tax will not be used at this machine) and all workstations connect to the network to gain access to the shared ProSeries files. For assistance installing on a network follow the instructions below that best describe the intended configuration.
- Peer-To-Peer Installation:
Complete the following parts for the ProSeries Peer-To-Peer Network Installation.
Part 1: ProSeries Network Install – Admin Computer (Only)
Part 2: License ProSeries/ Updates / Connected customer – Admin Computer
Part 3: Shared Network Folder
Part 4: Map Network Drive – User Workstation Computer
Part 5: ProSeries Network Install– User Workstation Computer
- Client Server Installation:
Complete the following parts for the ProSeries Client-Server Network Installation.
Part 1: Shared Network Folder
Part 2: Map Network Drive – Admin Computer
Note: If a prior year of ProSeries has previously been installed as a network it may be possible to skip this section as these actions would have been completed with the previous installation. Please review these steps and complete as necessary.
Choose which computer will be the ProSeries Admin workstation.
The ProSeries admin computer is responsible for Updates, Licensing, Access Rights, and other settings that normal user workstations will not be able to change directly.
Map a Network Drive to the ProSeries folder previously created and shared on the server.
- For assistance mapping a network drive in Windows 10 see Microsoft Support site
• For assistance mapping a network drive in Windows 8 / Windows 8.1 see Microsoft Support site
• For assistance mapping a network drive in Windows Vista/ Windows 7 see Microsoft Support site
Ensure that the Computer network drive is mapped to the ProSeries folder and make sure the ProSeries Admin workstation can now open this mapped network drive.
Note: For first time network installs it will be empty at this point. If installing a new version as a network, prior year ProNet folders may already exists in this folder.
Part 3: ProSeries Network Install – Admin Computer (Only)
Part 4: License ProSeries/ Updates / Option Setup Wizard – Admin Computer
Part 5: Map Network Drive – User Workstation Computer
Part 6: ProSeries Network Install– User Workstation Computer
- If you used mapped drives in prior years, you should continue to use the same mapped drive with the new version of ProSeries.
2. If installing Tax Year 2002 or earlier versions of ProSeries, you must use mapped drives.
3. ProSeries Professional Edition is required in order to install the program as a network (ProSeries Basic Edition not supported).
4. Microsoft no longer supports Windows XP.
5. Windows XP not support for TY2014 and newer ProSeries.
Contact Number by USA Or Canada: 1800-865-4183.
Source: If you are ProSeries Support by Software in Computer or Windows 10 Service.